Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Firewall

Firewall
Noor-Hal Cuellar

Burnt fingers, 'cos I touched the firewall
darkness did not allow me to be aware
I felt like the sky was about to fall
my eyes closed, wishing I would not care.

Time is not on my side anymore
I was suffering, heartbroken and sore
don't worry, I'm OK, not to die for love
I've lost the way, but not the scope.

I must confess, dying to drive to the South
jump onto mountains, will I dare to climb?
to the top just to scream it, right out loud
kicking off the walls, turning back time.

Promises unkept, shining like scars
bone-tattoed, grounding to the core
bleeding letters, well kept in glass jars
empty heart not available to store.

Both of us separated by a burning firewall
fighting my weakness to speak out loud
my hard-to-hide feelings, waiting that call
expecting sunny days, when I just see clouds.

No comments: